Never Give Up, Always Move Forward

Never Give Up, Always Move Forward

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Bucket List

When time is at a minimum (free time) I wish for more time and to keep me pushing along this weekend on things I have to do, I took a minute to think of a few things I really want to do.  Maybe I will and maybe not, but that's what a list is all about, right?  Instilling just a bit of hope.

Venture out on a safari somewhere like Amboseli, Kenya and actually spend three months wandering with purpose and quite possibly with purpose.  Clean water mission.

Travel by camel even if it's just across a road.

Live with passion once more because passion endures a lifetime even as a memory.

Have a passport and use it positively

Jump off a plane in the air
with a parachute, of course.

Live a life with love really.

I find it interesting that in the book of Ecclesiastes, the only practical advice given about living a meaningful life is to find a job you like, enjoy your marriage, and obey God. It’s as though God is saying, “Write a good story; take somebody with you, and let me help.” I know that one day, I’ll tell all of my stories to God and I bet he’ll laugh. He’ll remind me of the parts I forgot, and then he’ll explain what it all means as we sit and remember my story together. We get one story, you and I, and one story alone. God has established the elements, the setting, the climax and the resolution, and all we need to do is fill in the story. In that case, it would be a crime not to venture out, now wouldn’t it?

No comments:

Post a Comment