Never Give Up, Always Move Forward

Never Give Up, Always Move Forward

Friday, February 11, 2011

V-Day Approaches...Valentine's Day

If you're like me, we'll probably bump into one another at Walmart buying a box or two of Valentine's cards for school.  I'm lucky enough to still have an eight year old in the second grade who truly loves to decorate cards for her teacher, friends, classmates...and me!  I'm also completely sold and participating in the chocolate part of this holiday - after all, chocolate is my personal "Prozac", if a little bit makes me feel better, then a whole lot is going to make me feel fabulous, right?  Forget about the calories, I'm just going to over-indulge in my favorite holiday.

Surrounding Valentine's Day are a few other holidays we can slip in as well which benefit me personally, such as today, Friday, February 11th which is National Hug A Tall Person Day.  Yes, I am tall at 5-feet 10 1/2 inches or so without shoes, I'm all legs and this is the one day I can celebrate that instead of being frustrated in trying on pants that are way too short.  So, if you run into me at school, the grocery store, etc., I'm lovin the hugs today.

I was reading David Mott's "Single Dad blog" which I stumbled upon in "stumble upon".  I like his writing because he cuts right into the meat of real life.  He was sent a website to review for the February 13th Holiday "Love Your Mistress Day".  I laughed so hard when I read his review.  He couldn't support the site, but he did find immense humor in it and I recommend you read it just for the humor.  In short, it's a website that hooks up women with a "sugar daddy" and they have classifieds that detail what or whom, rather, they are looking for.. (i.e., single mom looking for help paying the rent, seeks sugar daddy).
Here's the link below, click on it for a few laughs and a good read:

Single Parent Dating, Raising Children, Parenting Teens - Dad's House Blog

Happy Valentine's Day to all of my friends and loved ones. Hugs to all you tall people today. Don't forget, the most precious and priceless gift of all is love, patience, tolerance and forgiveness = unconditional love.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment